This job is no longer available
Lead Design Manager – UK
My client is a non-disputed heavy weight in main contracting that is experienced in delivering high profile and complex projects across a number of engineering disciplines. Due to their continued success across the UK they are now need to reinforce their design teams in Glasgow, Manchester and London with experienced Design Managers that have a good knowledge and history of working on infrastructure projects.
The Lead Design Managers will be responsible for leading the design function in the projects from the pre-construction phase onwards.
- Develop winning scheme designs by stimulating and challenging design teams to allocated projects
- Development and design leadership – technical input for allocated projects –delivery of effective design on allocated projects up to scheme design/financial close
- Support successful embedding of BIM, cost planning at tender launch
- Development & design leadership at early stages to frame DFMA strategy and design approach on allocated projects
- Challenging projects on cost, programme, design approach
- Providing robust advice to projects in early stage consultant appointments
- Accountable for design quality up to scheme design – producing a robust scheme design report clarifying design or risks associated with design proceeding (a statement defining risks/ reasons for incomplete design – setting up the design to enable DM’s and Engineering & Design Production teams to deliver designs in advance of site)
- Work collaboratively with all disciplines but especially cost planning, commercial, procurement and planning to ensure a total solution is achieved
On offer is a basic salary of between £65-80,000 per annum plus an attractive benefits package that comprises of a company car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, travel expenses, flexible benefits scheme, career development opportunities.
If you are currently seeking a new career opportunity and you would like to be considered for the above position then please forward you CV to email@example.com or call Matt Lilburn on 01342 330 533 for further information quoting reference 32423.