This job is no longer available
Our client is a multi-disciplined consultancy with a major presence in its selected markets. They enjoy a strong brand with a reputation for providing innovative and contemporary design solutions for a wide range of sectors that include residential, commercial, health, education and community.
They work with major clients throughout London and the South of England and have been in the Building Magazine Top 75 Good Employers Guide for two years running.
They have a real focus on their employees providing a positive and enjoyable place of work. The successful candidate will have a strong and clear career path that encourages personal development and expression.
The are on the hunt for a talented Senior Architectural Technologist to provide technical & CAD support in their Norwich office but particularly working on residential projects & social housing projects.
1. Have a thorough understanding of the Building Regulations.
2. Understand the NBS specification system.
3. Be able to use AutoCAD and be willing to learn new programmes such as Revit and others
4. Working knowledge and experience of MS Word, Excel, Outlook
5. Knowledge of health and housing sector design, including HBN’s, HTM’s etc.
6. Ability to use NBS
7. Familiar with BREEAM criteria, especially BREEAM Healthcare
8. Provide technical and CAD support to the Norwich Office in general, but particularly providing experience of working on residential projects and social housing in particular. would be a benefit for the role. BIM experience using REVIT is also of benefit to us.
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
2. Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
3. Ability to work under own initiative.
4. Ability to interpret and apply legislation and technical standards.
5. Understanding of different methods of building procurement.
6. Flexible approach to working, and ability to work on different number of projects at the same time.
7. Desire to continually improve and develop knowledge within scope of job
1. A minimum of five years in a technical position, recently in a senior capacity.
2. Experience of working on residential projects and social housing in particular a benefit for the role.
3. BIM experience using REVIT.
1. CIAT qualified, preferably MCIAT, although 5 years-plus experience in a technical position in an architectural team also acceptable.