This job is no longer available
We are looking to recruit Support Workers to work on a relief basis around East Anglia (key sites: Norwich/Thetford/Attleborough/Ipswich/Gt.Yarmouth/Kings Lynn). You will work with our residents to create effective support plans, linking them up with local organisations that can assist them in living a normal day to day life.
We are looking for someone with a background of working with vulnerable adults who can offer a support service, ensuring that the tenants receive accurate advice and guidance when required.
As this is bank work are looking for people who would be available on a flexible basis to cover some of these hours.
- Key work with our residents to create effective support plans
- Work with external agencies to create support networks for the tenants
- Make sure tenants are adhering to the terms of their tenancy
- Provide support and advice regarding benefits entitlement
- Play an active role in achieving high quality performance of the scheme
- Use effective communication when liaising with customers, community partners, relatives and staff team
Skills & experience
In order to perform effectively in the role there are key skills that you must be able to demonstrate in your supporting statement. These are:
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable adults, preferably in a support environment
-Some knowledge of single homeless/drug and alcohol abuse or mental health
-Demonstrable experience of managing difficult complaints or crisis situations
-Experience of creating support plans
-A good standard of general education
-Strong written and verbal communication skills