Based within the Contracts Department of a family-run Offsite Building Company; this role is pivotal to the successful delivery of departmental and company objectives.
The candidate will need to work closely with the Contracts team to ensure optimum delivery of projects, whilst exercising tight control of costs along with procurement and management of the supply chain.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Maximise project margins and add value to the construction process by a positive and proactive approach to drive and attain best value from the sub-contractor supply chain.
- Review design elements of the project and consider value engineering options.
- Carry out monthly financial reviews (CVR) on individual projects under their control and accurately forecast final costs and accounts.
- Negotiate, agree and capture variations as agreed with the clients representative.
- Submit interim valuations in a timely and accurate manner.
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE OUTLINE
The ideal candidate will be qualified to HND/HNC standard in Quantity Surveying / Cost Management / Construction and be able to demonstrate commercial experience working within a construction environment.
Must be; commercially astute, numerate, risk averse and have a proven ability to accurately forecast costs. Strong business acumen combined with creativity and the vision to meet customer and business requirements, as well as an ability to work well under pressure and to tight timescales, are essential for this role. Personal qualities of enthusiasm, determination, integrity and loyalty will be essential for the ethos of this family company.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of various procurement methods and standard form contracts, such as the JCT suite of contracts.
- Effective and efficient working practices and time management with a proven ability to balance multiple priorities to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Effective preparation of information and participation in site and client progress meetings as applicable.
- Accurate reporting and forecasting delivered in accordance with the Company’s business strategy and in accordance with the required time frames.
- Effective management and monitoring of all commercial information in relation to the projects including labour, materials and sub-contractors costs and cash flow projections thus ensuring budgets are adhered to.
- Good communication and motivation skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the business.
- The ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- IT literate - Microsoft packages
Salary: £35,000 per annum (Depending on experience.)
Apply now. Please send across your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer and applications are welcome from all interested parties.