Hays are working with a well established residential developer. The client is looking to appoint a new Senior Architectural technician to ease the increasing workload. This role is permanent and based within Northamptonshire. Salary will be negotiable depending on experience.
For this role you would be expected to To produce standard Group house type working drawings and standard details from sketch design drawings. Collating technical information, specifications, liaising with Group Suppliers & work within team to ensure all such information is distributed throughout the Group within agreed time-scales.
For this role you will be expected to:
- Produce detailed planning & working drawings and for new house types. These drawings should be an accurate interpretation of the designs, to be technically accurate, clear, in full accordance with all current technical regulations and to a programme
- Update/revise existing house types as required
Liaise and provide back up to Divisions providing them with information and dealing with any queries that arise from the office and/or sites
- Critique Divisions' non-standard designs
- Encourage feedback on house types from Divisions and respond / action accordingly
- Check and monitor all 3rd Party information relating to house types
- Communicate with and visit Regions/ Divisions both at offices and on sites
- Communicate with all regulatory bodies required
- Keep up to date with new and emerging industry standards, regulations and technical requirements, including
- Sustainability, CfSH, LTH, etc.
- To assist in the preparation of material to be included in Group presentations
- To liaise / interact with other Group / Divisional departments as necessary
- Initial layout/sketch skills for sight viability would be an advantage.
Ideal Personal Characteristics:
-Good organisational and time management skills
- A good Technical knowledge of current Building Regulations, standards and all associated legislation
- Excellent presentation skills
- An eloquent communicator interfacing with Divisional teams, sites and regulatory bodies
- Be customer focused
- Be commercially aware
- Work well in a team
- Good AutoCAD skills are critical and the ability to use Google sketch-up would be of benefit
If you would like to know more about this vacancy or apply directly then please don't hesitate to contact Anja Walker on 01162538097 or email