Architectural Urban Design Technician
The DHA Group is a multi‐disciplinary practice based in Maidstone, Kent providing consultancy advice in Planning, Urban Design, Environment and Transport Planning matters, to a wide variety of clients and sectors nationwide.
We are seeking an Architectural/Urban Design Technician to assist with an increasing workload within a busy Urban Design team.
The ideal candidate must have proven experience of AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe programmes including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. A basic knowledge of planning and urban design is essential together with excellent presentational skills. Candidates should also have the ability to assist in the preparation of Design & Access Statements through the use of Microsoft Word and Excel as well as being able to demonstrate the ability to “sell” a scheme. We are looking for a good team player with excellent organisational and time management skills.
Typical everyday tasks will include:
· Producing development layouts, floor plans, elevations, street scenes and site sections for a wide variety of schemes;
· Creating 3D models using SketchUp;
· Producing schedules and spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel;
· Assisting with the production of presentation work e.g. coloured up street scenes and mood boards using Adobe Design Programmes;
· Interpreting local planning policy and design standards; and
· Carrying out site visit/surveys and attending client meetings.