This job is no longer available
An exciting post has arisen in the Estates and Facilities directorate for an NHS trust within Surrey. The client is looking for a motivated and dynamic individual to join the Estates and Facilities Senior Management Team.
In keeping with the clients vision to be one of the best healthcare Trusts in the country the Estates and Facilities department is looking for an individual who will develop, modernise and improve Capital Development into a 'best in class' service. You will need to have excellent leadership and management skills together with a relevant technical qualification at post graduate study level in order to further develop this key service.
The Trust is currently refreshing the site masterplan and is completing a comprehensive health planning exercise that will lead to an initial c£70m investment in phase one, and the post holder will play a significant role in taking this critical project forward.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
· To manage and lead on all aspects of the clients Capital Programme.
· To play a key role in the clients re-configuration of service plans by providing professional advice on technical aspects of any major capital project.
· To manage the clients Capital Project Team to ensure a professional and proactive service that meets the users requirements.
· To develop a quality approach to design and delivery to enhance the client environment and image.
· To provide, manage and lead a comprehensive design and project management facility for the client and ensure delivery of building projects within time, budget and with minimum disruption.
· To ensure all Capital building projects are fully compliant with statutory regulations
· To be responsible for updating capital framework and policies
· To be fully engaged with Trust groups associated with building environments
The client is looking for a 'can do' person who thrives in an environment of innovation, new ways of working and ideas, and has a constant focus on improving the patient experience. The successful candidate will also possess the skills to undertake high level feasibility studies working with multi-disciplinary groups to enable the client to evaluate strategic planning decisions.
You will initially have the below key result areas:
1. To have made an effective contribution to reaching the clients vision, strategic objectives and key work programmes.
2. To work on and support the strategic planning of the estates.
3. To improve the patient experience and environment.
4. To report and demonstrate a safe service is being delivered
5. To demonstrate continuous service improvement and modernisation of service delivery and team processes.
6. To deliver agreed capital plan on time, within budget and specified quality.
7. To demonstrate that all new buildings works complies with appropriate guidance and is sustainably compliant.
If you would like to discuss the opportunity in more detail please don't hesitate to contact me on 02382 020101 or
PLEASE NOTE: The closing date for applications is the 18th October 2013.