Graduate Design Trainee - South
Established in 1993, Lakesmere is a market leading roofing, cladding and complete building envelope specialist contractor, proudly delivering many of the Construction industry’s most prestigious and award-winning buildings.
Lakesmere’s impressive project portfolio features such iconic buildings as the new Heathrow Airport Terminal 2 building, the London Aquatics Centre for the 2012 Olympic Games, major infrastructure projects for Network Rail, the new King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah, The Evelyn Grace Academy, The Obel as well as numerous schools, hospitals, retail and leisure parks and commercial developments.
Using state of the art technology and design systems we are able to respond quickly to the needs of our clients producing high quality computer generated drawing layouts and details.
This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your knowledge of construction design from a team who are committed to your personal and career development. You will produce working drawings/design under supervision in accordance with the specifications received from the client and amendments agreed at pre-order stage.
You will follow an in-house Diploma to further your learning and attend training courses where relevant. Your duties will include:
- production of working drawings/design in accordance with the specifications received from the customer and amendments agreed with the customer at pre-order stage.
- developing an understanding of roofing, cladding and glazing systems;
- submitting designs for internal review and then on for client approval;
- organising delivery of samples required by the client and obtaining approval of samples;
- working within a company CDM design procedure.
- regularly liaising with other departments, Buying, Estimating, Quantity Surveying and Site Managers;
You will hold a HND or degree in a construction or design-related subject and preferably 1 year's experience in a construction design environment. A good knowledge of AutoCad is essential, and 3D experience would be desirable.
You will be IT proficient, enjoy working in a team, possess great communication skills and have a passion for design.