This job is no longer available
We are currently collaborating with a leading Development Organisation who are seeking to identify an Expatriate Project Manager for one of their projects based in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading organisation and be part of one of the most exciting projects in West Africa.
With this in mind, we are seeking to identify a professional with the following skills and experience:
- 10+ years of experience within Real Estate/ Construction which also include a minimum of 6 years hands-on experience on site
- Previous experience in projects that cut across: Shopping Malls, Large Real Estate Developments, Infrastructure, etc. ideally in an emerging country such as Nigeria
- Ideally, previous experience working in Nigeria or neighbouring countries, and fully acquainted to the business environment, as well as the legal and cultural demands
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering, MSC in a related discipline would be an added advantage
- Site Supervision experience as site team leader with proven ability to manage sub-contractors
- Technical skills would include a working knowledge and understanding of design drawings with previous experience in coordinating the design team;
- With experience across the entire project lifecycle, you must have a proven capability of delivering projects to the best achievable quality, within budget and on time
- Proficient in the use of relevant industry computer software such as: Prolog, Aconex, etc. in addition to a working knowledge of MS Project or similar software are prerequisites
- Ideally, a Chartered Engineer
In this role you will be responsible and accountable to leading teams that will produce projects at highest attainable quality, within budget and timelines, in line with international standards as well as client specifications and requirements.
Reporting directly to the CEO of the organisation, you will be expected to be the liaison between: local communities, Contractors/Subcontractors as well as other Shareholders, which fully outlines the high level of responsibility entrusted.
This is a permanent role based in either Lagos or Port Harcourt, and in addition to excellent training and development, you will also expect to receive a competitive salary as well as benefits that will include: Housing, Car/Driver, Health Care, Pension as well as return flights to your country of origin.