This job is no longer available
A reputed London based Retail interior Design Consultancy is looking for a mid-level Design Manager to get involved in fast retail roll-out projects. Their projects are both based in the UK as well as Middle-East, United States and Asia Pacific countries.
To be suitable for this job, you must have fashion retail experience, ideally having worked with a mix of brands.
Key Responsibilities in this job:
* Responsible for Brand specific knowledge and interpretation of standard briefing document provided by Client.
* Co-ordinate with the client, project team, external agencies and suppliers the production, approvals and implementation of the site-specific design to programme dates agreed.
* Carry out site visits for the purpose of reviewing, designing and implementing site- specific design details.
* Responsibility for the company's team output, quality control / risk assessments.
Key experience required for this job:
* Site delivery experience.
* Designer with Interior Design degree and minimum 4 years' experience.
* Extensive working experience in retail - store planning and design.
* Strong communication skills.
* Flexible approach to project demands and workload.
* Ensure technical deliverables and compliances.
* Capability of drawing architectural and interior design details.
* Capable of providing Design application for a number of Brands.
Key Skills required for this job:
* Quality checking of drawings in terms of content and accuracy.
* Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines.
* To effectively communicate project requirements.
* Effective communication skills and reactive/flexible in response to ever changing requirements.
* Co-ordination of consultant information.
* Co-ordination of drawing packages.
* Knowledge of Building Reg's requirements.
* Competent IT skills including: Auto CAD release 2000 upwards, Illustrator version 10 upwards, Photoshop version 7 upwards.
* Able to attend site when required
This job is a permanent position and will suit a candidate with solid all round skills combined with solid recent retail experience. This is a new, really exciting role and would suit an ambitious designer looking to make a step up and take on greater responsibility and getting involved with some exciting projects.
Salary expectations are £28-£35k.