This job is no longer available
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with small but busy real estate company in Central London team.
My clients are looking for an interior Design Project Assistant with a wide range of skills who will thrive on a varied workload.
The successful candidate will be directly supporting the London based Designer/project Manager, working hands-on with the day to day coordination and administration of residential and commercial design projects as well as providing administrative support including fielding calls and queries, receiving visitors and responding to all new work with alacrity,
The international organisation develops prime residential and retail properties and holds an extensive property portfolio in Europe, the USA and the Middle East.
The London based team is responsible for a number of prestigious residential and commercial developments in London and abroad.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role in an interior design environment, a positive attitude, excellent organisational skills, an impeccable eye for detail, good numeracy, be an excellent communicator, professional, self-motivated, persistent, adaptable, discreet and problem solver.
Fluency in English is essential. Fluent in French a plus.
Responsibilities will include:
* Assist with the coordination of all project specifications: furniture plans, fabric, finishes, project design and research, architectural details, and construction documents.
* Liaise with suppliers to obtain quotes, generate, process and track purchase orders for fabrics, furniture and other items to be supplied to clients.
* Work to and maintain realistic delivery timelines.
* Maintain clear and effective communication on all project details r Maintain project files, correspondence, digital and sample libraries for projects.
* Attend meetings with designers, consultants, suppliers and maintain up to date project minutes/notes.
* Create spread sheets and other organisational documents for projects as required o Coordination with accounts department
* Undertake general administrative duties and other responsibilities that may arise within the role
Required skills and experience:
* An interior design qualification/education such as a degree or background in architecture, design and materials and or at least 5 year experience in this field.
* Experience no less than 5 years in interior design and/or project management
* Expertise in retail or residential interior design sector.
* An excellent knowledge of suppliers, materials, fabrics, soft furnishings and general FF&E specifications
* Excellent computer skills - Word, Excel, Power Point, InDesign a must.
* Basic knowledge of CAD and Sketch Up a plus
* Be flexible to travel abroad on short notice if required.