This job is no longer available
A highly motivated person is required to join a professional team.
You will be responsible for the financial monitoring of the capital and long term maintenance programmes of work to ensure that budgets are not exceeded and value for money is achieved.
Your responsibilities will also include preparation of feasibilities, specifications and bills of quantities for tendering, evaluation of tenders and associated post contract duties.
Salary placing dependant on qualifications and experience.
Responsible To Project Manager
Responsible For No supervisory responsibility
Purpose of Post To provide comprehensive and skilled support in the financial management of all buildings and assist in the management of small capital projects.
Principal Duties • Assist with the planning, programming and development of maintenance work and minor works projects. Provide project cost control for all projects.
• Prepare option appraisals and budget estimates for various projects to ascertain best value for money to meet customer needs.
• Prepare tender documents i.e. bills of quantities and specifications, tender reports, and financial management of projects on-site, prepares and agrees final account with contractors for project work.
• Manage design teams for construction projects ensuring that projects are completed within time and to budget.
• Prepare all tender documentation and reports for the appointment of term consultants and term contractors.
• Prepare reports for submission to meetings of the Senior Management Team and relevant committees.
• Provide cost advice on building works generally.
• Undertake planning supervisor duties for in house project and maintenance works.
• Undertake reasonable stand-by duties for periods outwith normal working hours.
• Carries out such other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.