This job is no longer available
Key duties and responsibilities
* You must be a trained interior designer with minimum three years, ideally with a top London design practice.
* You should be capable of running a small office (in the absence of the MD) and working under own initiative as well as in a team.
* You must be capable of devising and collating full decoration schematics with knowledge of fabric and furniture houses.
* Prepared CAD drawings - plans, elevations, detail drawings.
* Some general administrative functions around the design studio and showroom such as office management, general book keeping and dealing with retail clients
* Full presentation drawings
Key skills and experience
* A degree or equivalent in Interior Design
* High end residential and/or some hotel background
* Software skills in ESTIMAC
* CAD and/or Vector works
* Photoshop and stunning presentational skills
* Strong experience of FF & E scheduling, Builders and decorators schedules will be useful.
* Some 3D Visualisation skills in Sketch up or 3D Vector works or 3d max
* Knowledge of MS office particularly Excel
* Some language skills will be beneficial due to international nature of the business- Italian, Russian or French
* Strong administrative and multitasking skills
My client is looking for an intelligent, confident interior designer with good all round skills and ideally with client facing experience. This is a new, really exciting role and would suit an ambitious designer looking to make a step up and take on greater responsibility by getting involved with some exciting projects. If you are someone who is keen to progress and be involved in various part of a business (not just design), this is the role for you.
This is an urgent role, with scope to start before Christmas 2013
This is a permanent position with salary between £22k- £25k