This job is no longer available
Why Choose AECOM?
Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we’re driven by a set of values and a common purpose — to create, enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We’ll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
About the Business Line
We help shape the world around us — from high-rise buildings to educational, cultural, research and transportation facilities. Our design process is based on energy-efficient building systems, and appropriate selection of materials and form to maximize environmental conditions and long-term performance.
AECOM is looking for a talented Architect with some post part III qualification to join a rapidly growing team based in Manchester. The individual will need to be open to travelling within the UK and further afield, as many of our projects are located in Europe, the Middle East & Africa.
About the office:
The Manchester office is a large multidisciplinary office, next to the bustling Piccadilly gardens. With its central location, it is only 10 minutes from the national rail station, and 10 minute walk away from the city centre. Along with its thriving sports and social club it is a friendly, busy and motivated office, whose Buildings team get involved in local and national projects. In terms of Building Engineering, it is a UK centre of excellence for industrial, media, education and healthcare as well as sustainability, acoustics and fire engineering.
- Prepare design solutions that meet a clients brief.
- Prepare specifications, schedules, drawings and any other contract documents developed through the RIBA stages.
- Liaise with clients, professional organizations, contractors, suppliers, sub contractors and other design
- Identify and meet effectively the requirements and expectations of clients needs.
Key Role Requirements
The key role requirements described below are described in two parts, those which are deemed minimum requirements of the role and those which are considered to be preferable.
It should be noted that these are presented in no particular order of preference and are intended to express the challenges and opportunities provided by this role.
- Qualified architects with a demonstrated interest in masterplanning and concept design for global industrial clients.
- Candidates should have proven design ability, leading to built work.
- A highly motivated individual.
- Experience of making presentations and attending meetings with clients essential
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, able to inspire, influence and negotiate.
- German or French language skills would be preferrable.
- Proficiency in Microstation and 3D skills are essential, Revit knowledge would be preferred.
- Part III qualified architect.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.