Senior Designer (Associate Director Designate)
Key duties and responsibilities:
* Taking the lead and inspiring confidence and good work ethics and high standards.
* Managing the allocation of work amongst the design teams and co-ordinating resources.
* Forward planning and scheduling of work.
* Participating in new business meetings and preparing quotations and presentations.
* Assisting with the development of the business.
* Working on large, detailed and complex, high end residential projects for demanding private and corporate clients in London and other countries.
* Seeing projects through from client briefs and developing concepts to installations including dealing with 'costings' and budgets.
* Using databases and a variety of other computer programmes.
* Training and coaching more junior members of staff.
* Working on more than one project at a time.
* Interfacing with clients, architects, developers, suppliers and other members of the team.
Key skills and experience:
1. A degree or equivalent in Interior Design.
2. Experienced in running and overseeing several projects at one time.
3. You should have the strength of character, ambition and drive to work at a higher level to take the Company forward.
4. You should be able to 'slot in' quickly and be confident to take up the reins with little induction.
5. To remain calm and not cave in under pressure.
6. Enjoy working in a close knit practice with a 'flat' rather than 'hierarchical' management structure.
7. Have leadership qualities and be able to inspire and motivate others.
This is a permanent role starting in the New Year (2014).