We are currently looking for an experienced Design Manager to join our team in Oxford. This role will ideally suit someone who is currently a Design Manager working in a Contractor or Consultancy delivering Design & Build projects. As you will be working with the County Council you will have experience on Education, Library, County Hall, Fire Station projects.
This role will be reporting to the Design & Construct Lead, the D&C Manager will be responsible for developing PMO briefs/task orders into specifications/Employer's Requirements, Contractor's Proposals. This will be achieved through working with the design team and the Programme Management Office (PMO) team.
1. Input - Develop PMO briefs into commissions - Common sense / buildability. Reporting to Carillion directly.
* Review the current Delivery Programme (DP) with the Programme Management Office (PMO), D&C Lead, D&C Manager (Delivery), Technical Services Manager and Strategic Property Manager and establish a clear design programme for all identified works with a clear set of deliverables from all disciplines.
* Provide strategic guidance to the PMO on design, planning and construction methods and be responsible for challenging the overall design delivery solution to maximise efficiency and reduce risk.
2. Design Director Role - support Associate Director (Design) with design flow / quality.
* Ensure the Contract Deliverables under SS1 and SS2 are clearly understood and adhered to in the development of projects.
* Establish clear communication lines and governance with the D&C Core Team and Leadership Team to allow Projects to monitored and managed in accordance with the Contract Scope of Services.
* Establish and implement Project and Programme reviews, with the D&C Lead/D&C Manager (Delivery)/Commercial Manager , appropriate design leads, programmes, cost plans, risk registers, quality reviews and project reviews as part of the monthly business management cycle
* Weekly meetings with the D&C Lead and other D&C Managers (Construction) to ensure joint established goals and feedback are achieved.
* Develop Project Management toolkit and roll out
* Ensure delivery of Providers Manual and continuous improvement updates
3. Output - Develop clear contractor proposals (AMP). Reporting to Carillion directly.
* Ensuring the OCC Governance is met throughout the Business Case Approval process, and the reporting of schemes are in accordance with OCC Governance for projects in construction.
* Be the champion for Health, Safety, Environment and Quality in Design.
* Professionally qualified, at a minimum of Incorporated, preferably Chartered Architect
* Experience of operating in a Property Services or related environment;
* Proven experience of developing excellent Client relationships;
* Design and Construct/Build experience
* Technical excellence
* Good people person with a positive, enthusiastic attitude to work.
* Ability to exercise own initiative and to demonstrate a self-motivated and confident approach;
* Ability to communicate with people in a co-operative and persuasive manner;
* Ability network and to successfully pursue new business opportunities;
* Comfortable in client-facing situations, able to influence and convince
* Excellent report writing and presentation skills;
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.