Architectural Designer - Social Housing
Our client, a multi award-winning architectural practice that specialises in high quality residential developments from the planning approval stage through to site completion are on the hunt for an experienced Designer.
Working as part of a busy design team, the successful candidate will be working on a range of interesting residential projects, managing the design process from concept through to planning consent.
Whilst the successful candidate will be part of a group function, working for all regional offices, ideally they would be willing to work specifically from our clients head office in Buckinghamshire.
• Production of site feasibility studies
• Liaising with regional land, planning and technical managers
• Production of presentation drawings for public exhibitions
• Production of detailed design drawings for planning applications
• Presentation of project designs to key personnel for discussion
• Attend regional meetings to present and discuss project design
• Attend meetings with third party consultants and Local Authorities
• Production of external materials schedules
• Liaising with Surveyors and Buyers to source external materials for submission to Local Authorities
• Good knowledge of current Building Regulations a bonus
• Exceptional administrative skills and ability to prioritise workload.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Flexible with regards to daily work load.
• Strong organisation skills
• Flexibility in multi tasking
• Self motivated
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• The ability to work alone and within a team
• Strong design skills in both traditional and contemporary Architecture
• Excellent presentation skills
• Experience of working with a housing / property developer preferred but not essential
• Proficiency in AutoCAD
• Proficiency / familiarity in Autodesk Revit – preferred but not essential
• SketchUp - preferred but not essential
• Competent PC skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook
The successful candidate will be joining a team of architectural technicians and architect to deliver a range of commissions ranging from single dwelling extensions to large scale residential developments.