Architect - Education
As a result of the success of their Colchester based Architectural Practice, our client is on the hunt for a Part III Qualified Architect to work alongside an existing team to deliver their pipeline of projects and to assist in securing new work from existing and new Clients Frameworks.
This is a perfect opportunity for a talented individual to work for one of the UK's leading practices and gain instant exposure to flagship commissions.
The ideal candidate will be a Part III Qualified Architect who wants to work in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment where they will be given the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and to take real responsibility throughout the full design lifecycle.
The team work on a variety of projects that include Healthcare, Industrial & Commercial but have a particular specialism in Education. Prior experience of working as an Architect on projects within this sector would therefore be a distinct advantage.
- Taking ownership of individual schemes and taking them through from inception to completion.
- Representing the Company at Client Presentations
- Preparing concept scheme designs from Client briefs.
- Delegating work to other team members and monitoring progress as required.
- Working as part of a team in the preparation of production information and working drawing packages.
- Compilation of reports and documents and supporting the rest of the team in draughting documents for bids, expressions of interest and competitions.
- Communicating schemes in a mixed portfolio of media from 2D CAD to the latest photorealistic 3D software packages.
- Preparing feasibility options for various projects and working with other disciplines to test the validity of designs.
- Part III Qualified Architect (ARB/RIBA)
- Experience of working within the Education sector (schools/universities)
- Additional experience of working on projects within the Healthcare, Industrial or Commercial sectors would also be advantageous
- Able to present information clearly to both internal and external stakeholders
- Passion for design and interest in developments within the Architecture industry
- Working Knowledge of software’s including Revit, AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop and Sketchup
- Experience of producing concept designs
- Able to draw ‘free hand’ sketches and illustrate to a high level
- Capable of working and completing tasks independently as well as demonstrating a strong team work skills