Senior Architect - Heritage Specialist
Our client is a leading architectural practice which has long been at the forefront of conservation, heritage and high-end architecture, using their expertise in planning through to the design of projects across a broad range of sectors.
Well known within the industry for nurturing & progressing their staff, our client strongly encourages a vibrant working environment and has an extensive portfolio of successfully delivered projects to the highest of standards. This role offers instant exposure to the restoration of one of the largest brick buildings in Europe & one of the most significant surviving examples of Art Deco Architecture in the world.
This role requires a heritage specialist with a sound understanding & knowledge of heritage design & technical issues, as you be will working to the original architectural plans with the aim of restoring a treasured piece of world architecture to its true glory.
The practice is currently expanding several offices including the London office with several exciting opportunities for Senior Architects (5+ Years post Part 3).
- Assisting in pre-commission submissions
- Setting up and maintaining a project plan for each project
- Ensuring each project is set up with an appropriate fee agreement
- Discussing fee projections with Office Manager
- Agreeing staff resources for projects
- Negotiating fees and contracts for smaller projects
- Defining service level and level of information to be produced
- Producing planning, building regulation, working drawing and tender packages
- Carrying out site inspections / contract administration
- The responsibility for applying for all permissions relating to each project
- Reviewing and checking all health and safety matters for each project
- Issuing fee notes on time
- 8+ years post qualification experience ARB/RIBA
- Experience of working on high-end residential projects with proven delivery record
- a proven track record of success
- AutoCAD proficient
- Experience of use of NBS
- Very high standards of accuracy and presentation
- Proven ability to interrogate and analyse financial reports
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Co-operative team member.
- Able to work proactively on own initiative and prioritise workload.
- Enthusiasm for developing work skills and job specific knowledge for self and team
- Willingness to travel when required
- Proactive ‘can do’ approach
Do you know someone that will be suitable for any of our job vacancies?
If so, refer them to us and if they successfully take up one of our permanent placements you'll get from £200 - £500 depending on the level of placement.