Director Town Planning
Why Choose AECOM?
Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we’re driven by a set of values and a common purpose — to create, enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We’ll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
About the Business Line
Design + Planning
Our professionals specialize in design, master planning, environmental and ecological planning, strategic planning and economic development. We create implementable solutions that promote sustainable land use and enhance quality of life.
Our London office is currently seeking a full time Town Planning Director with the following requirements:
- Director with responsibility as part of the Planning + Economics team at AECOM for the winning and delivery of significant projects in the UK and overseas covering planning strategy, development planning delivery and development management coordination for a range of private and public sector clients.
- Responsible for leading projects including regional and city-scale planning, regeneration strategies and economic analysis, strategic and detailed planning applications, innovative funding and delivery work.
- Responsible for the direction of development management projects and capable of directing integrated project teams working on large, multi-disciplinary planning and urban development projects. Ownership of fiscal responsibilities with projects and assignments and expected to meet financial, marketing and management goals.
- Proactive in being client focused, understanding the needs of the project and offering high quality, professional town planning direction. Responsible for identified Key Client Management accounts.
- Responsible for assessing market and business development trends and leading the capture of business opportunities. Actively sought out by clients for his/her expertise.
- A track record of developing teams. Generates a positive atmosphere - a 'thank you culture', mentors staff, imparts skills to others and shares knowledge, supervises staff and provides regular feedback on staff performance.
- A track record in development planning (preparing and submitting planning applications).
- A portfolio of work which demonstrates excellent technical capabilities and a range of development management solutions.
- A track record of delivering innovative development planning solutions.
- A track record of successful key client relationships and management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Communicates effectively with a variety of audiences including clients, more senior level staff, and more junior level staff.
- Membership of an appropriate professional institution (RTPI/RICS).
- A degree in Town Planning (or a related discipline) and a MSc/Dip TP qualification in Planning (or a related discipline).
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.