SENIOR ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICIAN
About the Role
Cranbrook Basements are the leading Design and Build Specialists for retrofit Basements operating exclusively within the super prime Central London residential property market within the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea and the City of Westminster.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Professional Team at Cranbrook where you would be using your skills working as part of the Architectural Team designing new Basements, Extensions or alterations to existing buildings, and/or advising on the restoration and conservation of older properties.
You will liaise with Clients, Consultants and Construction Professionals to ensure that projected designs match their needs, and are functional, safe and economical. You will produce drawings and specifications for our Construction Teams to work to.
The role demands a proactive approach to the work with good detailing ability and together with the other members of the Team, you will be responsible for delivering the architectural and project management services for Basement Construction, associated alterations and refurbishment projects in the residential sector. The position is predominantly office based; however some travel to attend Site Meetings will be required.
Your main responsibilities will include:
Working alongside your colleagues to develop ideas with the Client, establishing budgets, assessing the needs of the building and its impact within the local environment. The role will require you to work closely with Party Wall Surveyors and Structural Engineers, ensuring that works are carried out to specific standards and, above all, ensuring that the building is sustainable, functional and aesthetically pleasing.
All applicants must possess the following skills:
- Architectural Related Degree - Essential
- At least 10 years experience in the Housing Sector - Essential
- Excellent organisational skills - Essential
- Excellent presentation skills - Essential
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD - Essential
- Knowledge of SketchUp - Essential
- Good communication skills - Essential
- Experience of working on Listed Buildings - Desirable
- Working knowledge of Revit Software - Desirable
- Basement Design Experience - Desirable(but training will be given)
- Interest in Photography - Useful
You should be:
- Keen - with a Team Dynamic and Can Do attitude
- Have a stable career history
- Possess a full clean Driving License
We are offering a very competitive salary for this role and if you believe you have the essential skills and experience shown above, and would like to be considered for this position, please send us your CV.