PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Events Coordinator has responsibility for the organisation, development and continual improvement of a range of events across the architecture and building services portfolio. The Events Coordinator’s key aim is to assist the Event Manager to produce successful events that create quality business environments for clients, whilst enhancing and strengthening the products and brands involved.
- Work with the commercial team as assigned on event projects to ensure the successful delivery of the events.
- Work with the Event Manager to outline a realistic budget, schedule and goal for each event from launch.
- Ensure designated events hit the deadlines laid out in the schedule and that magazine team members keep to the deadlines relevant to them.
- Have a thorough knowledge and tight control of the cost base for each particular project. Ensuring costs do not exceed the agreed budget.
- Remain aware of the current revenue status for an event, when appropriate, through effective communication with the relevant commercial team members.
- Provide accurate budgetary and financial information at all stages of an event.
- Build strong relationships with key suppliers, such as production companies and venues, and negotiate well to get the very best value and quality for the available budget.
- Develop strong relationships with the magazine teams to encourage integration, good communications and smooth running of the project.
- Ensure systems and operational skills are kept up-to-date and
- To assist with the development of new events as they arise.
- Communicate regularly and coherently all relevant information for designated events and key developments to the Event Manager.
KEY FUNCTIONAL ACTIVITIES:
Budgeting – producing an accurate budget for allocated events, keeping tight control of the cost base throughout.
Schedules – drawing up a list of key deadlines and ensuring tasks are achieved on time by the events team and other key personnel involved.
Venue/catering – sourcing suitable venues and briefing them thoroughly. Employing third party caterers when necessary.
Sponsors meetings – organising and attending sponsors meetings as appropriate.
Judging process – managing the judging process and meetings.
Production/staging – securing the best production company when necessary, often through a pitch process. Working with them on all details to ensure a high quality, professional end product.
Presenters/speakers – booking presenters and speakers for events. Negotiating hard on fees where possible.
Client liaison – ensuring all parties involved in event, such as sponsors, speakers and attendees, are aware of all necessary details.
Design/print – working with the magazine marketing manager to ensure the event image relates to the brand and is consistent throughout. Producing copy and proof reading for all events related print items and websites.
Events administration – efficient and accurate administration of entries, judging days and invitees as required.
Commercial marketing - supporting the Event Manager and commercial teams with marketing collateral and media pack production. Provide marketing support to the commercial team across print and online communications.
Ad hoc team support - providing assistant duties to the Event Manager, Commercial Director and Commercial Manager.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Minimum 1 year events experience, ideally in a B2B environment
- Strong admin and organisational skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be highly responsive to issues and requests
- Able to manage yourself and have excellent time management and communication skills
Passion for the architecture and building services industries