Technical 3D Assistant - Middle East
The Lakesmere Group currently comprises the UK operation, providing a national service from its regional offices in Winchester (HO), Warrington and Glasgow, an International Division with four offices in the Middle East located in Dubai, Jeddah, Riyadh and Oman, a dedicated flat roofing division and a specialist facade/curtain walling operation, McMullen Facades based in Belfast. The Lakesmere group employs around 340 permanent employees and turnover in 2013/14 will reach c£90m.
Using state of the art technology and design systems we are able to respond quickly to the needs of our clients producing high quality computer generated drawing layouts and details.
Reporting directly to the Technical Manager you will be one of the key users of Rhino 3D and Google Sketch-up providing 3D modelling support to all regions of the business along with gaining knowledge on the technical side of the products that Lakesmere use.
Main tasks will include:
- Produce 3D modelling using Rhino 3D and Google Sketch-up;
- Use of AutoCAD to produce and amend details for the review of the Technical Manager;
- Support in the development and implementation of BIM within Lakesmere and support those involved in BIM.
- Create preliminary drawings for Tender and Bid teams.
- Create and submit preliminary designs for internal review
- Assist in the production of general technical information including updates, specifications and other information;
- Carrying out / organise Calculations to support the Tender/ BID and Design teams.
- Attending project related meetings with clients to support team members internal and external.
There are 2 roles - 1 will be based in our Dubai office and 1 in our Jeddah office.