The Lakesmere Group currently comprises the UK operation, providing a national service from its regional offices in Winchester (HO), Warrington and Glasgow, an International Division with four offices in the Middle East located in Dubai, Jeddah, Riyadh and Oman, a dedicated flat roofing division and a specialist facade/curtain walling operation, McMullen Facades based in Belfast. The Lakesmere group employs around 340 permanent employees and turnover in 2013/14 will reach c£90m.
Using state of the art technology and design systems we are able to respond quickly to the needs of our clients producing high quality computer generated drawing layouts and details.
Significantly all of our design is undertaken in-house therefore providing our clients with an integrated design and detailing service ensuring single source responsibility.
This is an excellent opportunity further develop your knowledge of construction design from a team who are committed to your personal and career development. You will produce working drawings/design under supervision in accordance with the specifications received from the client and amendments agreed at pre-order stage.
Your development will involve:
- attendance at training courses as set out in your training and development plan.
- production of working drawings/design in accordance with the specifications received from the customer and amendments agreed with the customer at pre-order stage. Ensuring that drawings are within the cost budget of the estimate and that there are clearly defined methods of construction, setting out requirements and materials used;
- developing an understanding of roofing, cladding and glazing systems;
- ensuring that all project information received from the client is appropriately transmitted to the relevant department;
- producing and maintaining a contract design file;
- submitting designs for internal review and then on for client approval;
- organising delivery of samples required by the client and obtaining approval of samples;
- working within a company CDM design procedure.
- regularly liaising with other departments, Buying, Estimating, Quantity Surveying and Site Managers;
- advising quantity surveyors of any potential variations to the contract.
We have 2 roles - 1 in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, and 1 in Dubai.