This job is no longer available
Our client, one of the U.K’s largest independent property development companies provides innovative homes and commercial properties. They now have two exciting opportunities for Architectural Technicians at their Tunbridge Wells and Hemel Hempstead sites.
- Liaising, co-ordinating with other departments regarding development works including Engineers, Surveyors, Buyers and the Construction team.
- Production of Building and site surveys from information provided by Site Engineers.
- General project co-ordination.
- Organisation and preparation of detailed design drawings to Building Regulation / Tender and Construction status.
- Writing project and elemental specifications.
- Assisting in the preparation of tender documents.
- Co-ordination with contractors on site.
- Contract administration.
- Site visits and inspections.
- Carrying out defects inspections on completion of works on site.
- Arranging copies of drawings for other departments and consultants.
- Updating computer based drawings.
- Electronic archiving of drawings received from consultants.
- Maintain computer and hard copy of files in the approved drawing office structure and format and ensure that all communications drawing folders and superseded drawing information is up to date and contained within hard files for easy retrieval of information.
- Assisting other members of the Design Department in their day-to-day duties.
- Co-ordination with external professional consultants.
- Liaison with building control authority, fire authority and other regulatory bodies.
- Liaison with local authorities and utility service provider.
- Reference and keep up to date with current statutory requirements and liaise with technical manager and other drawing office work colleagues in respect of compliance with statutory requirements or advice on technical detailing.
- Liaison with Structural Engineers and other consultants (M and E / Lift / Landscape consultant etc.) and coordinate structure and service installations within project design information.
- Develop design information to detailed status to included sections / details / schedules for construction and ordering purposes including liaison with buyers
- Maintenance of drawing information schedule and timely preparation of design information to issue to other design team members (Quantity surveyor / structural engineer / M and E and other consultants).
- Offer coaching and guidance of Trainees within the department.
- Provision of AutoCAD format drawings to assist in the preparation of brochure information and sales literature.
- Preparation and maintenance of Legal plans in relation to residential and commercial sales.
- Attendance at design coordination meetings and preparation of minutes for the meeting.
- Attendance at construction / site meetings.
- Attendance at client meetings from time to time
- Such other duties, reasonably consistent with the foregoing, as may be required
- Supervision of administration staff and junior technical staff.
To apply now for this fantastic opportunity, please send in an up-to-date CV & examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call Hannah anytime up to 19:00 for a confidential chat about this outstanding opportunity - 01728 726 120.
Do you know someone that will be suitable for any of our job vacancies?
If so, refer them to us and if they successfully take up one of our permanent placements you'll get from £200 - £500 depending on the level of placement.