Our client, a leading Architectural Practice is currently on the hunt for an experienced Architect with 5+ years PQE working on Conservation, Heritage or Listed Building commissions. This role requires a sympathetic, sensitive design & technical ability, as well as strong project running & site experience.
Based in their Manchester office, you will assist the practices Associate Architect in the day to day running of the office and projects. Playing an integral part in pre-commission submissions, setting up and maintaining a project plans for each project & ensuring these are set up with an appropriate fee agreement.
Using your previous project experience you will discuss fee projections with the office manager, agree staff resources for projects & negotiate fees and contracts for smaller projects.
The successful applicant will be able to contribute to the production of planning, building regulation, working drawing and tender packages when required. You will be working within a dynamic, close knit team, so a team player is essential. They offer a relaxed, creative environment, but will expect you to work hard when needed to - leading by example.
You should be able to demonstrate experience carrying out site inspections & contract administration. You will be responsible for applying for permissions relating to each project.
Our client has built up a strong team of talented individuals over the years and feels that it is essential that applicants have:
- 6+ years post qualification experience ARB/RIBA
- Experience of working on projects that require the consideration of sensitive design elements / issues with proven delivery record
- a sympathetic, sensitive design & technical ability
- a proven track record of success
- AutoCAD or Revit proficient
- Experience of use of NBS
- Very high standards of accuracy and presentation
- Proven ability to interrogate and analyse financial reports
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Co-operative team member.
- Able to work proactively on own initiative and prioritise workload.
- Enthusiasm for developing work skills and job specific knowledge for self and team
- Willingness to travel when required
- Proactive ‘can do’ approach
This position offers clear career progression - you will be met with a personal development plan detailing how you can achieve your full potential within the company.
Please send in an up-to-date CV & examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call Carl anytime up to 19:00 for a confidential chat about this outstanding opportunity - 01728 726 120.
Do you know someone that will be suitable for any of our job vacancies?
If so, refer them to us and if they successfully take up one of our permanent placements you'll get from £200 - £500 depending on the level of placement.