Proposals Engineer - Piling
Proposals Engineer – Piling
Reports to: Bid Manager
Role & Purpose To assist the sales team to win an agreed value of work annually. The work won must be at the best margin and aimed to meet the customer expectations with a view to win repeat work.
1. Undertake an initial review of all tenders regarding technical feasibility as well as commercial priority in line with the divisional sales plan and strategy
2. In conjunction with the Chief Engineer and Bid Manager, identify foundation concept schemes to be developed and priced by you with the support of other sales team members. This work will include; analysis of superstructures (load takedowns) pile design, ground treatment design, ground modelling/profiling as well as discussion and work with external suppliers and sub-contractors
3. Work with the commercial department to review all client foundation options to permit the maximum profit return on our proposal
4. Undertake site visits / assessments, customer meetings and presentations, all as required to increase the success of each tender and improve the company image and visibility
5. Design, specify, manage and interpret site investigations in conjunction with the Chief Engineer and Bid Manager
6. Prepare tender proposals, present to clients and negotiate to a successful outcome
7. Provide technical support to operations and commercial teams once project is secured.
8. Seek feedback from contracts and design departments to continually improve accuracy of pricing
9. Assist as required with any business development initiatives - this may include client site visits, representing the company at promotional events
10. Undertake review of tender opportunities to seek out new work for example the use of Barbour ABI, Glenigan etc.
11. Prepare brief for design department to undertake detailed design, this will include obtaining required information from relevant consultants and continued liaison during the design period
12. Management and updating of our data systems
13. Pro-actively assist with the on-going development and improvement of the company QMS and other operating systems
14. Strive to seek out new techniques and materials to progress the company research and development initiatives and improve the competitiveness of our tenders
Junior Proposals Engineer – Oct 13
15. Act in accordance with the company values and be an example to others with regard to professional conduct
16. Pro-actively look for continual improvement in all aspects of what we do
17. Seek self-improvement and be proactive in suggesting any self-development training