Design Manager - Residential- £ Negotiable salary plus package – South London
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Design Manager to work on a Residential project in South London.
My client is a well-established main contractor who delivers inspired quality construction. They specialise in: Private, Affordable and Care Residential, as well as Mixed Use, Commercial and Education sectors across the UK. They are now looking for a responsible Design Manager to lead the design process in order to develop a design compliant with all contract requirements and in the most cost effective way (no over design). All information will be fully coordinated in order to deliver the project on time, within budget and to meet the client requirements.
The successful Design Manager will be responsible for:
- The design compliance, Buildabilitiy, efficiency of design and supporting the bid process
- Leading the full design and coordination process from inception to the Commercial Transfer of the project
- Supporting the procurement teams in order to win the project
- Providing the bid team with cost effective solutions on allocated tenders
- Obtaining statutory approvals and certification
- Reviewing the content of each design package with designer and commercial team
- Monitoring the performance of the design process, budgets, quality against objectives and take all required actions
- Organising, chair and record design reviews
- Leading the sign off of the documents to the correct status and manage the Document Controller
- Representing the Client at regular coordination meetings with the Consultants and if required, the subcontractors (including leading weekly workshop meetings with Consultants as required)
- Assessing and authorizing appointed Consultants payments regarding their contract responsibilities
- Leading and managing the Environmental Certification Process i.e. BREEAM / CfSH: Strategy / design development compliancy, securing all Design credits in line with targets defined
The successful Design Manager will have a good knowledge of the design process at commercial design stage with a main contractor, as well as a good all round technical knowledge. You must have excellent communication skills and an ability to manage consultants’ scope and budgets. You should have proven experience of managing design on numerous projects as well as working knowledge of the Building Regulations. It is desired, but not essential that you have a working knowledge of BREEAM / CfSH as well as Residential experience. Have a working knowledge of single and 2 stage tendering, an understanding of fire and acoustic requirements and either a design, engineering or construction qualification can only help with your application, but again, is not necessary.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Design Manager who would like to further develop their professional knowledge and experience. You must live within a commutable distance of South London to apply.
If you think you are suitable for this role, then please send your CV and contact details to: email@example.com
Take a look at our website for a full list of our current vacancies to match the perfect job for you at: www.redfishsolutions.com
Follow us on twitter for the latest news and updates at: www.twitter.com/redfish_sols