This job is no longer available
Donald Insall Associates is an award-winning conservation architecture and built heritage consultancy. We have more than 90 staff in eight offices in the UK and overseas, and work on projects at all scales, from a dovecote to the Palace of Westminster.
The role will support the Practice in the on-going development and execution of a number of initiatives to support the business plan thorough marketing with the ultimate aim of growing both turnover and client relationships.
The role will partner with Directors, Branch Leaders and design teams, will work closely with others with designated responsibility for business development (or similar) initiatives, and will be part of a ‘business support’ team (including IT, Finance, HR, Graphics, Quality, Project & Resource Management) with a Practice-wide remit. It will also partner a similar established role based in our Chester Office.
Duties and responsibilities include but shall not be limited to:
- Assisting the Chairman and Office Leaders in taking forward the marketing plan. Working with each office to help develop a local business and branch marketing strategy.
- Co-ordinating and producing written and graphic marketing materials using InDesign.
- Working with Directors and Associates to co-ordinate bids and PQQs mainly for but not exclusively the London, Bath, Cambridge and Trinidad offices.
- Writing, editing and proofreading text for bids, marketing materials and an annual “newsletter”.
- Managing and co-ordinating award submissions, exhibitions, events, images and other marketing assets, keeping technical staff up to date with a diary of potential events. Managing and maintaining marketing collateral including photographs, information and text.
- Building and maintaining a good profile with the press.
- Keeping our new website up to date and posting regular news items. Managing our social media communications.
- Managing internal communications across all of our offices.
- Managing regular communications with our existing clients.
In addition you will be required to:
- Undertake any reasonable duties that arise from the nature and character of the post, as requested by the Practice’s Directors.
- Undertake the role in compliance at all times with Practice’s published Quality Assurance and Environmental Management Systems, and Human Resource, Equal Opportunities and Data Protection policies, and to maintain consistently high levels of discretion and care when dealing with information which may be personally and / or commercially sensitive.
- Previous experience of hands-on delivery within another design-related, architecture, construction or other professional services organisation.
- Display a high level of IT literacy including MS Office, InDesign and Photoshop) with the potential to quickly learn new systems. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships internally and externally at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to listen, influence and collaborate with a wide range of people.
- Maintain excellent attention to detail, be able to check your own work to ensure consistency and accuracy and maintain an eye for detail in text and graphics.
- An ability to maintain a professional approach, remain calm under pressure and have a flexible and proactive approach at all times.
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills and the ability to use initiative to balance multiple requests and expectations and consistently deliver high quality work to deadlines.
- Have a demonstrable interest in architecture, design or historic buildings and a willingness to rapidly increase your own knowledge in this area to quickly become fully effective in the role.
- Previous experience of working within an SME or larger organisation and / or one with evolving business management systems and operating in a ‘standalone’ role from multiple sites.