This job is no longer available
We are looking for a Senior Urban Designer to join our growing Cardiff team. As an experienced designer and project leader you will deliver a variety of urban design and masterplanning projects in the UK and Overseas. Our clients include local authorities the Homes and Community Agency, a range of private sector developers and Welsh government. We work on projects across their full lifecycle from concept though to construction.
You will be joining a team of eight people, with regular collaboration as members of a diverse multi-disciplinary environment. This vacancy has arisen in line with the expansion of the Urbanism and Landscape team in our ‘West’ region, which comprises our Cardiff, Bristol and Belfast offices. This team forms part of a wider 60 strong planning team, comprising multi-disciplinary specialists in environmental planning, transport planning, economics, ecology and town planning.
This is an opportunity to work closely with the Urban Design team leader to grow our reputation internally and externally, and assist with the growth and development of the team.
- Relevant qualification in Urban Design;
- An additional architectural, planning or landscape qualification or experience would be advantageous;
- A variety of experience in most aspects of the urban design profession;
- Excellent written and graphic skills and have a sound knowledge of key software programmes including AutoCAD and Adobe (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop);
- Sufficient experience to comfortably mentor others.
- Experience of landscape design and the promotion of sustainable design;
- Management and leadership experience;
- Business development, bid submissions and tender experience;
- International project experience.