Project Quantity Surveyor/ Contract Surveyor (New Build Residential & Social Housing)
About our client:
We are pleased to be representing one of England's leading Housebuilders that have been trading for over 15 years, going from strength to strength in growth, with 4 regional offices across London and the South East of England. The company are build houses and apartments, from social housing to luxury residential.
The role with our client:
Due to successfully being awarded with lots of new work recently, our client have a requirement for an experienced and high calibre Project Quantity Surveyor/ Contract Surveyor. The client are looking for an individual who has managed their own new build residential or social housing projects. An Assistant Quantity Surveyor ready for the step up would be considered.
As Project Quantity Surveyor/ Contract Surveyor you will work on 2 new build residential developments close to the M11 Corridor (Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire), working out of the Waltham Abbey, Essex office from time to time.
The 2 developments have just been awarded, they are therefore at the early stages. The packages will include Reinforced Concrete Frame and Cladding, with a combined contract value of £10.5 million when both contract values are added together. Our client are looking for a Project Quantity Surveyor/ Contract Surveyor who can stand alone and work under minimal supervision. Duties will include core measurement, use of SMM7, Cost Value Reconciliation, Procurement, agreeing Final Accounts on the two projects, reporting directly to a Senior Surveyor.
The candidate would need to meet the following criteria in order for consideration:
- A minimum of qualification of a HNC/ HND in a Construction related course.
- Between 5-12 years experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Must be working for a reputable Contractor
- Residential and Social Housing experience desirable, but would consider a Commercial background
- New Build experience essential for the role
- RC Frame and Cladding package procurement experience desirable
- The candidate must live in a fair distance from the M11 Corridor, close to Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire and North Essex.