Building Modeller / Sustainability Engineer
A fantastic opportunity to join a Building Services and Environmental Design Consultancy has been created for a Building Modeller or Sustainability Engineer.
Working for a medium sized Building Services Engineering and environmental design consultancy who have been operating for 25 years. They have 2 offices in the UK and 8 offices across North America.
They are a consultancy based business providing high level technical input into the built environment within the education, health, hotel, commercial, retail, residential and leisure sectors.
To complete day to day (rather than strategic), parts of the project consultancy process on time by knowing and performing the Company's technical duties, processes and standards. Through good communication, represent the Company on projects with periodic quality review by Senior/Principal Engineers, Associates or Directors.
- Carry out project team/specific tasks as defined by Supervisor.
- Prepare and issue detailed design drawings in sketch and AutoCAD format suitable for presenting finished information to Clients and other design professionals and contractors.
- Routine project activities such as filing, documentation, document issue, posting etc. in line with project needs.
- Adequately communicate by verbal and written means, technical points, thoughts and ideas to other staff, professionals and clients
- Carry out calculations using appropriate tools (manual, Hevacomp, IES etc) and select appropriate equipment, plant and systems.
- Set up and produce SAP, SBEM, EPC and DEC calculations using approved software.
- Set up and maintain electronic specifications using approved software (NBS or NES).
- Compile complete packages of tender information including drawings, specifications and schedules.
- Design and detail straightforward engineering systems.
- Illustrate concepts and prepare written reports.
- Attend routine site meetings and carry out site surveys.
- Work within team environment.
- Act professionally with all parties on the clients work so as to develop the company's reputation.
- Achieve continued professional development in areas relevant to the achievement of personal objectives and as a contribution to those of the company.
- Contribute to the development of the company so as to enhance its reputation.
- Co-operate with and support other teams and Company staff in a pro-active way so that their objectives are met.
- Proactively seeking new tasks following delivery of previous tasks in the optimum time period.
- Experience in Building Services Engineering design, (drafting and co-ordination).
- 2D CAD to productive standard (drafting and co-ordination).
- Knowledge of 3D CAD (drafting and co-ordination).
- Ability to produce Google Sketch Up models and diagrams.
- Basic application of Services legislation.
- Communication skills (written and oral).
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to interpret instructions (written and oral).
- Maintaining high levels of efficiency through timely delivery of output.
- Accurate delivery of work
- Timely delivery of the quantity of work set by supervisor
- Quality targets met in accordance with Company standards
- CPD objectives achieved
Apply now, or contact us for more information regarding this job role or similar positions.