Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Architectural Technology
The Department of Architecture and the Built Environment is a growing department and seeking to appoint a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Architectural Technology. You will contribute to teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level, provide design studio teaching, and in addition will contribute to teaching in other areas of the syllabus, specifically construction technology and sustainable design.
It would be beneficial if you are able to demonstrate experience of digital generation and representation of architecture and in addition have knowledge of packages such as Rhino, Grasshopper, Autodesk Revit and other graphic / CAD applications used in practice. If at Senior Lecturer level you will undertake module leadership.
You will be able to deliver high quality research and scholarship outputs and will work with senior team members to implement the departmental plan for Research with Impact, in line with the Faculty and University research strategy.
If this role interests you, and you would like to work as part of this growing team, the key skills and experience you will need are as follows:
- Masters qualification in a relevant discipline
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience in teaching architectural design and building technology
- Experience of architectural design in practice
- Experience of collaborating with industrial and academic partners
- Ability to understand the complex relationships between factors influencing construction and design of the built environment
We look forward to receiving your application.