Our client, a multi-award winning developer of innovative new homes is urgently seeking a talented individual to join its rapidly expanding team.
You will get immediate exposure to notable industry builds of varied scale to work primarily on the initial stages. Those that can demonstrate town planning & urban design experience including layout design whilst working on housing developments ranging from 40 - 200 units will be at a distinct advantage.
Aiming to double their workforce to dominate their chosen market within the next three years, this role provides a great amount of autonomy and strong career path. You will be introduced to the company with a succession plan, detailing how you can achieve management status within a short amount of time.
The successful candidate will ideally have a detailed knowledge of Building Regulations and associated legislation along with a sound knowledge of traditional and innovative forms of construction methods and detailing.
A proficiency of AutoCAD is essential with an intermediate level for Revit, Sketchup and Adobe being advantageous.
DEPARTMENT: Architecture, Design & Sustainability
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director and Technical Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Junior & Intermediate Architectural Technologists
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Supporting the Technical Manger to promote the highest standards of residential design & technical solution through implementation of AutoCAD/Revit within New Homes & Communities (NH&C) and ensure that these are generated cost effectively.
To produce working drawings for pricing and construction purposes from planning drawings.
1. Produce working drawings for pricing and construction. (AutoCAD/Revit)
2. Obtain NHBC/Local Authority Building Regulation approval
3. Ensures Building Regulation conditions are discharged promptly
4. Liaise with Architects to enable discharge of planning conditions.
5. Implement revisions by hand or on AutoCAD to reflect the current requirements of other departments
6. Checks information supplied to AD&S accords with relevant working drawings and specifications
7. Liaises with external consultants to ensure correct information produced
8. Deals with questions from site arising from work progressing on site
9. Production of conveyance plan for legal purposes.
10. Checks that work on site is being carried out in accordance with current drawings and with other mandatory requirements.
11. Liaises with Engineers and Landscape Departments to enable issue of information for pricing and construction purposes.
12. Attends all relevant meetings prior to construction and all subsequent site meetings.
13. Supervises Architectural Technologists in production of technical information by Revit or AutoCAD.
14. Liaises with other members of department to eliminate repetition of on-site problems where relevant.
This position offers the right person a clear pathway for career progression. Along with a competitive salary, you will be given a range of benefits that includes a company car, healthcare & pension.
To apply now for this fantastic opportunity please send in an up-to-date CV & examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call Carl anytime up to 19:00 for a confidential chat about this outstanding opportunity - 01728 726 120.
Do you know someone that will be suitable for any of our job vacancies?
If so, refer them to us and if they successfully take up one of our permanent placements you'll get from £200 - £500 depending on the level of placement.