This job has now expired
Design Manager – High End Residential - £Negotiable Salary plus package – Surrey
A superb new position has arisen for an experienced Design Manager to work on a High End Residential project in Surrey. The successful Design Manager will report to the Project Manager and will be responsible for the Daily Design Management, as well as the daily management of the Design Consultants. You will liaise between the Client, Design Consultants and the project staff for design matters, as well as liaising with the Site Manager for the development of design package and procurement strategies.
Our client is one of the top UK main contractors who lead the construction industry both nationally and internationally. Our client delivers the highest standard of quality within Education, Public and Healthcare sectors, Private and Affordable Housing and Mixed Use Development schemes.
The successful Design Manager will:
- Prepares the Design Management Plan (DMP)
- Endorses Consultants’ DMPs
- Defines subcontractor’s objectives: time, details, ratios, coordination's, etc.
- Manage the flow of design information and the Document Control
- Manage (preconstruction) or participate (construction) the Design Transfer from preconstruction to construction
- Authorizes the RFC (Released for Construction) and RFP (released For Procurement) status
- Manages the designing subcontractors (for the design only) when delegated by the Project Director/Manager
The successful Design Manager‘s Requirements:
- Knowledge of the design process, at commercial design stage with a Main Contractor
- Understands the RIBA plan of work
- Good all round technical knowledge
- Good client facing skills
- Broad Sector experience Have a good understanding of BREEAM and CfSH
- Understand the PFI/PPP, 2 stage and single stage
- D&B process Understanding of fire and acoustic requirements
- Comprehensive negotiation skills
- Design, engineering or construction qualification (desirable)
This is a terrific opportunity to join a thriving and innovative team. There are fantastic career development opportunities within the company for the successful Design Manager.
How to Apply:
If you live within a commutable distance and believe that you are suitable for this role, then please send your CV and contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a look at our website for a full list of our current vacancies to match the perfect job for you at: www.redfishsolutions.com