Project Architect 3-5 years PQE
An urgent requirement has arisen within an independently strong and dynamic architectural practice located on the outskirts of Guildford; whose ethos is based on creating timeless and relevant architecture that offers delight to the client, the user and the wider community.
Our client’s award winning architectural team are looking for a talented and driven Project Architect to work on various exclusive projects through the surrounding areas, to start immediately on full time permanent basis. Working directly with the Project Director and project team, you will develop, manage and control the design and construction within the Defence Sector.
To apply candidates will have an understanding of the design process and ability to manage/deliver this from concept to completion with a flexible and openness of approach and willingness to work as a team player. You will have previous experience of various forms of building contract (D&B, CM, and Traditional), a strong and up to date working knowledge of CAD systems (ideally including Revit, although training will be provided) along with a broad knowledge and understanding of Building systems, regulations and construction types and town planning procedures.
Candidates will possess the following in order to successfully fill this position:
- A minimum of 3-5 years post qualification experience working with an architectural practice
- RIBA or ARB registered, with experience working within the UK planning and building regulation system
- Experience of working directly with the client, contractor and design team
- Excellent presentation skills, both verbally and drawing
- Ability to manage resources and people effectively and efficiently;
- Experience of working within a team effectively and delivering tight deadlines on time and on budget;
- Ability to cope with change e.g. to brief, programme or role.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work succinctly within a multidisciplinary design team
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please send a copy of your CV and relevant work examples to Carl@conradconsulting.co.uk or call Carl for a confidential chat anytime between 7am and 7pm on 01728 726120.