Design Manager - Leading Residential Contractor - Central / North London Schemes
SSA are recruiting on behalf of a Main Contractor who is an established company in Design and Build residential construction in London and the Southeast
The company undertakes new build apartment developments for private sales, housing association and mixed tenure schemes.
Design Manager - £60k + package
SSA are seeking a Design Manager to plan and manage the briefing, development, co-ordination and completion of project design consultants, design subcontractors and all aspects of project design and technical matters.
The role will be project based on a number of large schmes in central and north London
A brief outline of the role ….
- Liaise with statutory authorities and other relevant third parties.
- Produce and monitor a Design Programme and ensure that it is integrated into the overall project programme; and produce and monitor an Information Required Schedule (IRS) for design information, in conjunction with the construction team to suit the project programme.
- Review work undertaken by designers, consultants and all designing subcontractors and suppliers to ensure compliance with Design Brief / ER’s / Statutory Requirements, CDM Regulations and with cost plan targets.
- Manage Consultant design progress
- Monitor, maintain and report on Planning, Building Regs, CFSH and BREEAM matters including planning condition clearance and target achievement.
- Monitor change from client, design consultant and subcontractors to ensure that they are properly documented and that all cost implications are understood by the Project Manager and Surveyor.
- Liaise with Document Control to maintain Drawing and Document Registers.
- Manage RFI’s, distribute to relevant parties for timely response and close out communication of responses to all necessary parties.
- Manage consultant and subcontractor information for issue and approval.
- Regularly monitor quality of work executed on site to ensure that it is as benchmarked or designed/specified.
- Participate in the collation and handover of completed design records, eg CDM Files, O&M Manuals, etc for project completion.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive Main Contractor
For further information with regard to the above role please contact Mike Lee
Ph:0203 137 5550