This job is no longer available
DuPont Glass Laminating Solutions (GLS) is one of the world leader and innovator in the safety glass business. We serve architectural, automobile and photovoltaic markets for more than 80 years. GLS invented and launched polyvinyl butyral (PVB) in 1930’s and ionomer sheets in 1998, two of the major innovations in this industry.
It offers a wide product range of glass interlayers under the following leading brands: Butacite®, SentryGlas®, and Spallshield™.
This position is focused on SentryGlas® ionomer sheets. It is a high-value high-growth interlayer that is laminated between two glass panels. This advanced material delivers enhanced safety, superior aesthetics and increased efficiency to the architectural world from architects to glazing companies and glass fabricators in different applications such as glass facades, railings, skylights, impact-resistant windows and high-security glazing applications.
To support our high growth, we are looking to grow our Architectural Specifications team and hire a new member based either in Germany (home based or in Neu-Isenburg) or in the UK (London).
You will drive the sustainable growth of Advanced Interlayers (AI) business in the countries assigned to you-if you are based in Germany: Germany, Austria, Switzerland/if you are based in London: UK and global architectural construction market.
- Create market demand for SentryGlas® from locally based architectural firms by specifying our interlayer in top architectural projects. You will approach several players in the value chain enabling the utilization of SentryGlas® in different applications and segments.
- Capture market information, VOC, value chain dynamics and decision making processes in the selection of glazing materials for architectural market in order to support business growth strategies.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop contact, collaboration and account management of influential architects, structural engineers, glazing installers and facade companies for specifying SentryGlas® interlayer into the projects.
- Build and manage a project pipeline robust enough for AI's accelerated growth objective.
- Develop new application and partnerships in certain construction segments.
- Collect market, industry and competition information, work closely with global and regional marketing team for strategy upgrade, localization and implementation.
- Work closely with Market Communication team to build up the brand awareness in the industry. Lead the marketing communications activities in your geographical area including e-marketing, RIBA-seminars, conferences.
- Work closely with sales team & distributors to streamline the demand and supply, improve forecast accuracy in European region.
- Represent GLS business in code work development.
You will be part of the global SentryGlas® Architectural Specifications team which is focused on educating the industry on the benefits of safety glass, identifying and specifying architectural projects and following up the specifications through the construction chain. It is a global team where collaboration, teamwork and results-orientation are critical. You will benefit from technical and commercial trainings on our products and methods to specify SentryGlas®. You will also work closely with our Design Engineering team and our sales and technical team to ensure success of specified projects.
This is a unique opportunity to accelerate the growth of an innovative product that is changing the glass industry, pushing the limits of glass, and making glass a safer material to use. As such, you will work on exciting and iconic construction projects where SentryGlas® is being used and will have an opportunity to engage major architectural. For more details visit sentryglas.com.
Educational Qualifications/Experience Needed
- College degree (B.S.) or higher in architecture or engineering (Civil Engineering preferred)
- Several years of working experience in related industry; sales experience in construction markets/products; experience with architectural community and glazing industry is a plus
- Results-oriented with the ability to influence, network/collaborate with others and work in teams
- Fluent English skills both in oral and writing; fluent German for the position based in Germany
- Good presentation and interpersonal communication skills; communicating with impact
- Negotiation skills
- Creative, ability to think expansively with logic and analytic skills
- Manage customer relationship; existing contacts with local architectural community preferred
- Ability to use tools to carry out load calculations for glass construction (SJ-Mepla..) is a plus
- Willingness and flexibility to have frequent business trips within your geographical area
The GLS business is in the process of being acquired by Kuraray Group, a world leading manufacturer of interlayer for laminated safety glass. Pending regulatory approval of this transaction, you will start your job in DuPont and transition with the entire GLS team to Kuraray. More details will be shared during the interview process.