This job is no longer available
The BIM Coordinator role sits within the Skanska Technical Services Enabling Function, reporting directly to the BIM Support Group.
As a BIM Coordinator, the candidate will be deployed to projects acting as the most competent member with regards to BIM implementation. Members of the Project Team will rely on the BIM Coordinator to keep the project on-track relative to the agreed Project BIM Strategy. The BIM Coordinator will report to the Project Director in all matters related to BIM that are specific to the Project, and will be fully supported by the Technical Services BIM Support Group.
Day-to-day work will involve interaction with the primary design team, internal Skanska support functions and supply chain, as well as the core Skanska project team.
Further to successfully implementing the Project BIM Strategy, the BIM Coordinator role is expected to deliver training, mentoring, coaching, trouble shooting mediation, auditing, and positively influencing the way the Project teams works and the way data is used.
Medium term career progression will provide the candidate with the potential to become a member of the BIM Support Group.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
* The candidate will be responsible for design team compliance with the Project BIM Standards.
* Understand and manage the adoption of BS:1192 2007, PAS1192-2 and PAS1192-3
* Manage the collaboration between file formats e.g. DWG, DGN, IFC, NWD, NWF, NWC
* Create, check and incorporate new items of 3D data as required to enhance the model
* Visualisation – Manage and produce appropriate views for team members in support of their work, including management of any 3D point clouds data with the BIM model.
* Design – Ensure Project Design Teams have understood and incorporated Skanska’s needs. Interrogate the design information produced and ensure it is robust, in the correct format, and of the required quality for the project.
* Analysis - Re-use of geometrical data for design optimisation. Facilitate the exportation of model data to allow project team members access and reuse of it for other project purposes.
* Commercial – Create and capture BIM data to contribute directly to monthly reporting.
* Clash Prevention – Interrogate design models and carry out clash prevention checks. Produce clash reports as stated in Project BIM Strategy.
* Quantity Take-off – Oversee the extraction of key data from the project model to produce scheduled material quantities. Scheduling of packages, materials, components or other BIM model content. Ensure the design team issue principle quantities as agreed in the project BIM standards.
* Safety – Support IFE through the model functionality and support safety initiatives on the project.
* Procurement – Interface with and support the procurement team with producing work packages for inquiring.
* 4D – Interface with the Project Planner(s) to create virtual build of the 3D model.
* Construction – Connect BIM to on site activities via the site management team. Manage and enable the use of Mobile technology on site.
* Logistics – Optimise the site logistics through BIM when planning of temporary works, haul routes, site accesses, site welfare, and storage locations.
* Asset Management – Support and enable the project with linking the BIM data with the Clients Asset Management system to aid the hand over process for FM purposes.
* Green – Optimise the projects sustainability credentials through the implementation of BIM.
* Information Management – Liaise with the Project Document Controller and set up construction software to ensure that the right people receive the right information at the right time.
* Quality – Implement the audit procedure and schedule to ensure the model complies with standards.
Skills/Knowledge /Experience & Qualifications
* The candidate needs to have an understanding or some experience of BS1192/PAS1192 procedures on a project.
* Solutions Focused - working in an environment where ready made answers are not always available.
* Independent Thinker - creativity from within, giving the project team confidence in the use of BIM
* Engineering Mindset – Always seeking to find a better way
* Construction Aware – Have an understanding of design and its application in estimating, planning and construction management.
* Resourceful & Proactive – Taking the initiative to stay one step ahead. Look for new methods whether hardware or software to benefit the project or the client needs
* Excellent Communicator – Clearly guiding the whole project team to a coordinated and successful outcome. Able to talk to all levels on a project from construction workers to stakeholder representatives.
* Self Driven & Creative – Personal commitment and desire to succeed in a pressured environment
* Focus on Quality – Understands and maintains quality levels within BIM data and processes
* A Team Player – Being seen to be central to the project and its success
* Confidence to host project kick-off meeting for BIM – Making sure all participants understand their role
How to apply
Please apply online
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA ( who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA