Assistant Planner- Essex - Residential Projects
Position: Assistant Planner
You will be working for a nationwide residential developer, out of their Essex office. The developer had a turnover of over £100m last year and is looking to increase that significantly this year. Given the upsurge in demand two new positions for an assistant planner and an intermediate planner have become available within the planning department. You will gain training on the job as well as experience from a successful and well-established planning team.
As an assistant planner your role will encompass the following responsibilities
- Identifying planning scope, major constraints and contract requirements
- Identifying major quantities and factors affecting the programme
- Producing and documenting the planning deliverables including programmes, planning philosophy, presentations and reports.
- Developing overall programmes, issuing to all parties for review and implementing recommendations, innovation and best practice as applicable
- The overall planning strategy and the timing & sequence of the Contract Programme activities
- Ensuring that all other project planning and programming necessary for the execution of the contract is properly undertaken.
- Provide support, as required to the BIM Co-ordinators to meet the project requirements or tender submission deliverables
- Set up appropriate lean visual programme to assist the Project Team to timely deliver projects and improve productivity, performance and safety of projects
The assistant planner role suits an individual within the early stages of their career and whose is keen to focus their career towards the Planning profession
Ideally you will have some experience within the construction sector specifically having worked on residential projects preferably for developers.
Ideally you will hold a tertiary education (OND/HND) in a relevant subject
Ideally you will have experience in the use of planning software, typically Asta Power Project/CS Project/Microsoft Project
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position. For more information regarding this position and other vacancies, please contact James Targett on 0207 415 7181 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org