Architectural Assistant- RIBA Part 2
My client is a leading design practice based in the centre of London who emphasize on creating value though high quality architectural development. Proving expertise in innovative design, planning and project management, they have acquired considerable professional experience since their inception over 60 years ago and are well known within the architectural industry for designing advanced, complex and sleek residential builds.
They have a requirement for an Architectural Assistant to play a key role in ensuring the smooth running of the team’s jobs from inception, detailed design through to site operations and post contract administration. This role provides the opportunity to work with minimum supervision & handle your own client base, therefore, may suit a focussed and motivated individual who is looking to further develop his/her design, report writing and job running skills, with a view to obtaining further qualifications in a challenging yet supportive environment.
All employees are mentored and supported through their studies on route to becoming a fully qualified architect – this includes funding.
Candidates will have the following skills and qualifications in order to succeed in this role:
- Strong academic record gained from an RIBA recognised university/architectural school, qualified to RIBA Part 2.
- A minimum of 1 years solid experience gained within a UK based Practice, as an architectural assistant/technician, with the ability to demonstrate a successful record of personal responsibility and autonomous working in that role.
- First rate design and technical skills and a strong knowledge and understanding of the role of working drawings.
- Excellent graphic CAD skills (preferably with experience of using AutoCAD) and IT proficiency including InDesign and MS Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: able to convey designs with clarity and conviction, and to draft clear, accurate, technically correct and punctuated, drawings in fluent English for a variety of audiences.
If you would like to apply for this role please contact Carl on 01728 726120 or email Carl@conradconsulting.co.uk with an up to date CV and relevant work examples.