This job is no longer available
Façade Project Manager – Vancouver
$130k + Benefits.
Leading North American Façade Contractor are currently looking for a Project Manager to join the Vancouver project team.
Projects/Façade packaged in excess of $20million; including curtain walling and architectural metal.
• Leading and overseeing the project team (site personnel) and work with International Project Team (project manager, designers, engineers, production, assembly, site personnel) for the assigned contract or section of contract.
• Liaising with the client’s team (project manager, architects, engineers, consultants), to ascertain contract time, cost and quality objectives, and organize project resources accordingly.
• Have an understanding of the bid and contract documents (trade contract, scope drawings, specification, exhibits, bid pricing and clarifications).
• Develop, track, update and report on the detailed project schedule for design, engineering, mockups, production and installation activities.
• Develop, track, update and report on the contract schedule of values and payment requisitions, ensuring the project cash flow is met and payments received in a timely manner.
• Develop, track, update and report on the contract budget reporting system.
• Working closely with the Quality Management Department; develop, track, update and report on the contract quality control and assurance system.
• Oversee the pricing and purchasing of materials, equipment and sub-contracts, ensuring that both budgetary and specified contractual cost, time and quality requirements are met.
• Research, substantiate, present and report on changes to the contract scope.
• Attend and chair all required external and internal meetings.
• Provide all required internal and external reports.
• Lead, develop and motivate the project team to meet the common company and project goals.
• Educational: Degree or Post Graduate qualification in Engineering, Construction, Project Management or other construction or production related subject.
• Professional: Member of an industry recognized institute (e.g. Construction, Engineering, Project Management or Architecture) preferred, but not essential.
• Computer Skills: Be fluent in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Project, with an aptitude to learn any required in-house software. Scheduling P6 a plus
• Work Experience: A minimum of 1 to 3 years’ experience on major curtain walling projects, with a minimum of 3 to 6 years overall experience in construction related projects.
• Other: Have a valid passport and driver’s license due to the need to travel both nationally and internationally.