This job is no longer available
We are working in partnership with one of the leading practitioners of traditional and progressive architecture and contextual urbanism in Europe. Their multi-disciplinary urban design team adapts its structure to suit new members who themselves need to be exciting and challenging whilst also professional and co-operative.
The successful candidate will fulfil the role of Project Architect within our clients award-winning urban design team, they are in need of someone who has design flair but also an ordered mind, good communication skills and a proactive willingness to initiate and assist in the day-to-day running of the business.
A high percentage of projects are run from initial master plan through to speculative housing design obtaining full planning permission, followed by monitoring of the design during construction. You will be expected to immerse yourself from day one as an integral part of the talented design team, with the support of the company’s director & technical staff. Candidates must prove their ability to produce urban design layouts, and their skills and experience in housing design. In addition, experience with coding and public consultation will place applicants at a distinct advantage.
- 3 years + post qualification experience, good ArchiCAD drawing skills and ideally a proven track record of delivery
- Candidates must be RIBA/ARB accredited
- Experience managing diverse teams of all sizes through fast track projects with several trades
- Fully conversant with UK Building Regulations
- Able to understand and explain complex issues
- Confident working autonomously with excellent communication skills (including liaison with clients and design teams and technical report writing), but also as part of the close knit design team
- Strong portfolio showing individual design development
The position comes with an attractive salary with a clear pathway and succession plan into a more senior role within the foreseeable future. This is an urgent requirement with our client looking to interview as soon as possible. To apply for this vacancy please send an up to date cv and examples of work to Carl@conradconsulting.co.uk or call Carl anytime between 7am and 7pm on 01728 726120