This job is no longer available
Town Planning IT Support Officer
Due to an existing member of staff moving on to a new role, an opportunity has arisen with our client, a London based local authority, to support the IT functions of the planning team.
Our client is a London Borough Council that prides itself on excellent planning processes, supported by efficient IT systems. The council has a reputation for promoting from within and offering permanent opportunities to temporary staff.
Although this role is initially a temporary position, there is an opportunity to progress to a permanent role and a good chance of contract extension after the initial 3-month period.
As a successful candidate, you will be required to:
· Support and development of the use of the Service's information technology systems that aid the Council's processing of planning applications, enforcement and appeals work, document management and forward planning functions.
· Liaise with different user groups.
· Create user reports based on the Planning database.
· Supporting and developing the Council's Planning Web pages.
As the successful applicant you will have experience in using:
· Planning processes and software, ideally Northgate (MVM) M3 suite of Planning, Building Control and Land Charges software.
· Microsoft Office.
· GIS products preferably MapInfo.
· Crystal Reports.
· Competitive hourly rate
· Good potential for long-term contract / contract extension
· Excellent Location