We are Seeking an Architect/Civil Engineer to work for a large oil & gas producer, responsible for identifying design requirements and prepare necessary calculations.
Suitable candidates will perform the function of Architect or Civil Design related to commercial, institutional, residential and office facilities.
- The ability to assess projects, identify design requirements and prepares necessary design calculations.
- Plan schedules and provides work direction as required for preparation of designs, processes, reports, correspondence and related data.
- Manages the design and engineering development of complex and large projects with minimum supervision from data of assignment until project completion.
- Determine all required design elements necessary for code compliance. Coordinate development of work scopes and detailed specifications with the Specification Technician.
- Lay out plans and detailed drawings for development by draftsman. Identify standard details and develop new details as required.
- Prepare cost estimates and material take-off for the work as applicable and coordinate with Cost Engineers the development capital projects estimate.
- The Architect or Civil Engineer should have the ability to prepare design sketches, perspectives, and details for engineering packages. Perform site surveys using equipment and inspections as required.
- Support project execution and project proposals and initiate a detailed work outline. Make decisions to support projects and act as a technical consultant when required.
Suitable candidates MUST:
- Hold a BSc degree in Engineering.
- Have a minimum of 4 years post-grad relevant work experience.
- Fluent in English.