This job is no longer available
My client is a reputable multi-disciplinary practice, with a strong ethos combining artistic flair with practical experience to deliver innovative design with comprehensive technical solutions, specifically within the Education and Sports/Leisure sectors.
Building upon recent progress and successes, with a rapidly expanding client base, they now require a full time experienced Senior Architectural Technician to join them who embodies a friendly disposition and commitment to quality.
The successful candidate will be fully literate in AutoCAD, SketchUp, InDesign, Photoshop and other packages. The most important characteristics required in the candidate are reliability, punctuality, and a friendly, ‘can-do’ attitude. This role also requires dialogue with clients, contractor and suppliers; it is therefore very important that the candidate is a clear communicator. Experience of working within the Education sector is preferable.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities
- Production of concept design, planning, building regulations and detail design drawings
- Attending office and site/design meetings if/when required
- Client/Contractor/Supplier liaison
- Feasibility Study preparation (i.e. drawings, graphics and presentation)
- Specification Writing
- Responsibility for project management and Contract Administration
- Organised filing of all project documentation and electronic files
- Excellent construction technology knowledge, ability to produce working drawing packages
- Ability to work autonomously, remain self-motivated and maintain good time management
- Attention to detail
- Clear communicator
- Excellent knowledge of current building legislation
- Excellent MS Office, AutoCAD and Sketch up skills
- Friendly ‘can-do’ attitude
This is exceptional opportunity for a hardworking and career driven individual to join a contemporary and fast paced practice. To apply, please contact Carl@conradconsulting.co.uk attaching an up to date CV and relevant work experience.