This job is no longer available
A leading engineering and manufacturing group require an experienced CAD Engineer to work in their Leeds office.
A manufacturer of market-leading products in their field of the mechanical engineering sector, with a focused and innovative design team in place.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced CAD Design engineer to work within the Product Development team.
Duties will be to produce layout drawings of sheet metal assemblies, create 3D working models of new products & sheet metal manufacturing drawings of piece parts & assembly drawings.
We are looking for a committed candidate who can take a design outline and a set of pre-selected components and design a unit around these from concept stage to design finalisation.
Good history of experience across a variety of manufacturing techniques:
- Sheet metal folding/ punching/ laser cutting
- Possible experience of machine programming
- Possible experience plastic moulding (e.g. injection, vacuum forming)
- Expert use of one of the well know CAD and CAM packages
- CAD: Solid Edge, Solid Works, Inventor
- CAM (Sheet metal): Radan
- Experience with/ understanding of BOM's desirable although not essential
A basic between c£26-31k, dependant on background and experience.
Company benefits include pension and 25 days holiday.
Based in Leeds. Candidates will ideally already be living locally.
Suitable towns include: Leeds, Wakefield, Bradford, Harrogate, Halifax, Huddersfield.