Architectural Technician(s) & Technologist(s)
Our client is one of the UK’s most prestigious house builders, with an enviable reputation for producing innovative homes. They have just secured three new commissions to provide over 5,000 new homes over the next 18 months, therefore, they are on the hunt for talented architectural technicians and technologists.
You will get immediate exposure to notable industry builds of varied scale including town extension schemes. Those that can demonstrate town planning & urban design experience including layout design on notable projects will be at a distinct advantage.
This role provides a great amount of autonomy and strong career path. You will be introduced to the company with a succession plan, detailing how you can achieve management status within a short amount of time.
The successful candidate will have a detailed knowledge of Building Regulations and associated legislation along with a sound knowledge of traditional and innovative forms of construction methods and detailing.
A proficiency of AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suites is essential.
You will joining an award winning team, reporting to the Director & Technical Managers. Applicants that can lend themselves to the mentoring and guidance of the junior Architectural Technologists will be shown a preference.
The main responsibilities of the role(s) is as follows:
- Produce working drawings for pricing and construction. (AutoCAD)
- Obtain NHBC/Local Authority Building Regulation approval
- Ensures Building Regulation conditions are discharged promptly
- Liaise with Architects to enable discharge of planning conditions.
- Implement revisions by hand or on CAD to reflect the current requirements of other departments
- Liaise with external consultants to ensure correct information produced
- Deals with questions from site arising from work progressing on site
- Production of conveyance plan for legal purposes.
- Checks that work on site is being carried out in accordance with current drawings and with other mandatory requirements.
- Liaise with Engineers and Landscape Departments to enable issue of information for pricing and construction purposes.
- Attends all relevant meetings prior to construction and all subsequent site meetings.
- Supervises Junior Architectural Technicians in production of technical information by AutoCAD
- Liaise with other members of department to eliminate repetition of on-site problems where relevant.
This position offers a competitive salary and extensive benefits that includes a company car, healthcare, pension and much more.
To apply send in an up-to-date CV & examples of work to email@example.com. You can also call Carl anytime up to 19:00 for a confidential chat about this outstanding opportunity - 01728 726 120.