This job is no longer available
Town Planner - £23,000 - £32,000 + Benefits
Principal Planer - £37,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
My client is currently looking to add experience to their excellent team in London. Having had a fantastic 2013 that has seen the client list and workload increase my client is keen to continue this growth with the addition of a Town Planner and an experienced Principal Planner who has experience of leading projects of all sizes.
With a varied range of projects for the successful Town Planner and Principal Planner to be contributing towards from day one; they will be liaising with clients including major retailers, property developers and landowners. The variety of work will ensure the Planners always be challenged by a range of projects that will vary in both size and complexity across sectors including Residential, Retail and Regeneration.
The ideal Town Planner will have a minimum of 18 months' experience, preferably within the private sector, and will be close to attaining or already have obtained their chartered membership to the RTPI. Previous experience of Residential and Retail projects will be advantageous; the Town Planner should also have experience of liaising with a range of clients and have a strong academic background.
The Principal Town Planner will have a minimum of 4 years' qualified experience and will be a chartered member of the RTPI, have experience of contributing to and leading a range of projects across sectors and be comfortable liaising and advising well-respected clients. Private sector experienced is preferred but candidates with local authority experience are encouraged to apply.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Acting on behalf of a wide range of clients that includes property developers, major retailers and national companies
- Preparing reports and planning statements for a range of projects
- Leading a team of bright and talented Planners and mentoring junior team members
- Providing clear advice and recommendations to clients regarding their planning requirements
- Taking a lead role on development control, appeals and planning applications
- Developing business links and relationships to ensure the continued growth of the consultancy (Principal)
- Mentoring junior members of the Planning team
The successful Town Planners and Principal Planners shall be rewarded with competitive salaries and excellent benefit packages, as well as clear pathways for career progression.
If you wish to apply for this opportunity please email your CV to email@example.com or, if you wish to discuss similar opportunities, call Jason Moore in confidence on 0121 442 0643.
Do you use Twitter? If so, follow @penguinplanners for the latest job opportunities and news to be on your timeline!
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: London, Slough, Essex, Reading, Oxford, Kent, Maidstone, Twickenham, Croydon, Cambridge