This job is no longer available
Structural CAD Technician
Fantastic opportunity to join established team in Hertfordshire.
You will be an experienced CAD Technician ideally with AutoCAD 2014, RC detailing, drainage and Steelwork experience. You will be an excellent team player with the ability to deliver to agreed deadlines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* The preparation and coordination of technical drawings in support of engineers
Prepare drawings as programme/workload demands; be able to identify and request support when needed.
* Maintain and work to our quality systems and procedures
* Checking of work for accuracy and quality control purposes, including the work of colleagues and other members of the project team
* Liaise with external CAD resource as required.
* Carry out any duties which your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Experienced and proficient in the use of AUTOCAD to produce and amend structural drawings specifically relating to buildings and minor development private roads.
* IT skills - use of Access, Word, Excel packages
* ONC / HNC Qualified or equivalent
* RC detailing experience, ideally using CADS RC.
* Experience of structural steelwork detailing.
* Previous experience in a similar role.
* Understanding of construction industry practices and legislation.